Register for features like favorites, compare, comprehensive advice, consultation and more.Register
A home is the biggest investment of a person’s life and we want it to be perfect in every way. Every space has his own energy that affects the people living in it and thus it is very important that your home radiates positive energies all the time.
Vaastu Shastra or the science of the home is very important as it arranges the five elements- earth, water, sky, fire and air in complete harmony with each other. Vaastu is important to maintain the balance of the house and provide an organized and happier lifestyle.
Mentioned below are some easy to follow vaastu tips that are required for a healthy and prosperous life ahead.
1. Avoid clutter: This is the most important principle of vaastu Shastra as cleanliness is next to Godliness. One should keep the house clutter free and remove all the unnecessary things lying especially under the bed as it keeps your mind uselessly connected to the past and doesn’t let you welcome the future. Dispose off the things that you do not require as an excess leads to stress, tension, confusion and arguments in the family.
2. In case there is a naked wall at the entrance of the house, one must place over there a statue or picture of Lord Ganesha, since a vacant wall indicates loneliness and the picture would conceal it. You should place the symbol of Om or Swastik at the entrance of the house.
3. Northwest direction in a home is the most suitable place to fix scenery of a long road which depicts good vision and panning. A happy family photograph or a picture of the sunflower should be placed in the south west direction preferably in a yellow or golden frame since it depicts healthy family relations. The painting of a rising sun in the east direction helps in maintaining healthy social bonds.
4. The bedroom should always be well lit and well ventilated with soothing colors on the wall and furnishings. Avoid using dark colors in the bedroom in order to maintain peace and harmony. There should be happy pictures of you, your spouse or your family in order to enhance your relationship.
5. One should not have a mirror in the bedroom as it is associated with ill health and family discords. In case there is one in the bedroom, keep it covered while going off for sleep or make sure that you don’t sleep right in front of the mirror.
6. A kitchen is the most important place in a home as it indicates good health and happiness. So make sure that you don’t keep your medicines in the kitchen as they are doing an entirely opposite thing. As per vaastu, food in the kitchen should always be cooked facing the east.
7. A convex mirror should be placed on the entrance wall facing outwards in order to protect the home from all sorts of evil eyes and negative energies.
8. Salt is considered to be a symbol of purification and is used to purify homes and get rid of negative energies. A bowl filled with sea salt should be placed in the corners of the house in order to absorb negative energies and get rid of tensions and should be periodically changed.
9. It is good to use wind chimes as the tinkling sounds helps break the negative energy patterns and results in inflows of positivity.
10. Meditate or chant mantras at least once a day as these are believed to induce positivity into the environment. Lighting a diya and incense sticks and praying at least once a day keeps all evil energies away.
Thus vaastu of the home is very important in order to maintain harmony and channelize the energies around. The above mentioned are a few things that one should be careful about to ensure a peaceful and happy life.
Stay updated with everything real estate!
Subscribe to our news letter